A WOMAN died after being exposed to asbestos.
Christine Pook lost her battle with epithelioid mesothelioma, a form of lung cancer associated with the industrial material, an inquest at Southampton Coroner’s Court heard.
Assistant coroner Simon Burge recorded that she had died of an industrial disease, although it is unclear where she came into contact with asbestos.
The inquest heard that it was most likely at a builders’ merchants in London from 1959 to 1961.
Her son Andrew Pook told the inquest that the only other way she could have come into contact with it was from her father’s work clothes as he worked at an industrial plant in Bexley in London.
Christine died at Countess Mountbatten Hospice in West End, Southampton, on May 21, 2013.